Google
 

Friday, March 28, 2008

Dave and Chuck the Freak take me on a Journey

I was listening to The Morning X with Dave and Chuck the Freak this morning on 89X and they were talking about this cover band on YouTube called The Zoo. I didn't catch the entire discussion they had, but I tuned in just in time for them to play a couple of the video's on air. I didn't understand the fascination with the band until I heard the lead singer, Arnel Pineda, start belting out a song by Journey, then Bon Jovi, and then Sting. He sounded just like these guys. He could mimic most of them perfectly.

I was so interested in listening to more, so I searched around for the videos tonight. In my search, I found that a member of Journey ended up contacting the lead singer after seeing and hearing the videos. He actually wanted to bring in Pineda from the Phillipines to audition as the lead singer. As it turns out, Pineda is now touring with the group and a new album is in the works. Here's a clip from CNN Headline News that tells about the story.

I even found a video of one of their first performances together. It's kinda freaky. It's just like the movie with Mark Wahlberg in it. Usually, movies are inspired by true stories, but instead, this is a story inspired by a movie. Just plain weird.

Here's one of the cover songs the band put up:

blog comments powered by Disqus