Google
 

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bryn Christopher provides soul anthem on Grey's Anatomy

Sometimes you find music in places you just don't expect, like a recent update from a friend on Facebook. The update stated they couldn't stop listening to this YouTube video. After watching it, I can see why it would be addictive. This is my first introduction to Bryn Christopher, a pop/soul singer from the UK.

I don't think I could agree any more with the first line of his bio on his web site:

If My World, Bryn's debut album, sounds like the work of an assured, confident, old-school soul man trapped in the body of a new kid on the pop block itching to make his mark, that shouldn't come as a surprise. Ask him about his own songs, and the 22 year old will talk to you about addiction, undervaluing yourself, the Iraq war and writing lyrics on his mobile phone. If you want soul-steeped authenticity in 21st century togs, Bryn Christopher's your man.
The first single, Quest, was recently featured on series finale of ABC's Grey's Anatomy. While I don't watch the show, the song definitely fit the ending. You can watch the original music video below, followed by the ending of Grey's Anatomy where the song was featured. I hope you enjoy.



blog comments powered by Disqus