Google
 

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Matchbox Twenty showcased on PBS Soundstage

I was flipping channels this evening and I landed on PBS. I don't usually flip through channels since I have Tivo, but I just needed a station to tune into while I was surfin'. What I found was a show by PBS called Soundstage. I knew the show had been around for some time, but they have kept it going while introducing a unique blend of artists that just plain sound great live. I was watching Lifehouse on the show tonight. I was only able to catch the last few songs, but it was definitely well produced, sounded great, and visually pleasing to the eyes.

At the end of the broadcast, I decided to check out their web site and see what other artists they have had. What I found was not only a list, but video's of past performances on the show. You should check their web site out if you want to see the full list and local air dates. Matchbox Twenty was on recently and performed a pretty energetic "How Far We've Come." I think this is a great song, but kind of got sick of it when I heard it every other song on the local radio stations. This performance really got me back into the song though. I've played it 5 times in a row since I started my blog post about it. I can feel the energy without even watching it. You can watch it and other videos on the Soundstage web site or you can check it out on YouTube. I hope you enjoy:


blog comments powered by Disqus