Google
 

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Former Lead Singer of Chasing Furies Returns with Solo Album

I would have to say the time of my life where I purchased the most music was when I was in college during the late 90's. I would probably buy 5 or 6 albums a month and catch any tours coming through town. I was really into new Christian modern rock and alternative music and would always listen to the latest album from the new acts on the scene.

In comes an alternative rock group named Chasing Furies. They were a unique, 3-piece band comprised of 2 sisters and their brother. They released 1 album in 1999, With Abandon, and then failed to release any other music.

Recently, a friend of mine told me the lead singer, Sarah MacIntosh, released a new solo album. I'm currently listening to the songs she has on her MySpace site and I can't stop listening. Her voice is very unique and beautiful and really makes me realize how great the Chasing Furies album was. I'd have to agree with David Crowder from the David Cowder Band when he so eloquently stated:

Sarah’s voice lures you into thinking bits of heaven might be here already.


I would visit her MySpace page to check out some of the new music. Her new album is also available on iTunes. Here's the only music video to ever come from Chasing Furies that I know of.




Here's a live version of Sarah and her band at a concert in Dallas earlier this year. I'll have to see if she's going to be on tour any time soon. It looks like her sound translates well to the stage.

blog comments powered by Disqus